What tests are required as part of the program?
- Lesson, unit, and semester assessments
- CAASSP Testing (Grades 3-8 and 11)
- CAST Testing (Grades 5, 8 and 12)
- Physical Fitness Test (Grades 5, 7, and 9)
- iReady (an internal assessment)
How are grades awarded?
Peak Prep Academy uses the following grading scales to evaluate the progress of K-5 students at the end of the school year:
Students who enroll after the start of school or who have special needs will work with their teacher to determine appropriate progress expectations for the school year.
For students in grades 6-12, grades will be determined based on an A-F grading scale (60% passing benchmark). These grades are determined on how well students perform on teacher graded assignments and through course work which may include some of the following:
- Practice Lessons
- Web Explorations
- Journal Entries
- Class Discussions
- Field work for certain subjects